Saturday, December 1, 2007

December is Coming

It is a grey and windy morning here on Long Hill. Arthur is sleeping in and the cats have found the fire I made and are sleeping too. I had planned on getting started with my Holiday decorating. You have no idea just how much I love decorating the house I will posts photos as I go I am sure.

But usually on days like today I am outside cutting my greens and berries for wreaths, kissing balls and swags. Don't laugh , these are crafts that I will not pay to have just because they are so very easy to do myself. I started this tradition when the House on Long Hill was under construction.

Arthur and I were living in a rental down the beach (much less glamorous than it sounds). We had decided not to get a Christmas tree and I was just beside myself because the rental looked un-holiday. So each day when I was at the house with the contractors I would wonder out into the woods and pick Princess pine, cut berries and pine and work on my decorations for the beach house. Each day I went home covered in pine sap but it smelled great! When I was done we had a little of our new house right there in our rental.

It was at the beach house that we hosted our 1st annual Christmas eve Open house. Another lovely tradition including our close friends and family. This year will mark the 4th time we will hold such event . . . the house by then will be trimmed, smelling like pine and spice and full of laughter, love and thanks for the wonderful things the year has had to offer.

I get warm just thinking about it - I think I go take out a box of decorations. -Jro

No comments: